HIRE CAR OR COURTESY CAR CONDITION & AGREEMENT
Download our PDF agreement Click here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LOAN/HIRE
1. I agree to maintain the vehicle at my expense and keep it in good condition and repair throughout the period that it is
on loan or hire to me. The reasonable cost of repair of any damage to the vehicle during this period, however caused will
be my responsibility.
2. I will observe and check daily all water, oil, and antifreeze levels.
Declaration At Commencement
I, the undersigned, agree that the vehicle details set out in the schedule are correct. I agree that this agreement commences at the date and time set out below.
Insurance for the vehicle is covered by my insurance company and has been confirmed to the repairer by them.
Declaration At Termination
I, the undersigned, agree that the vehicle details set out in the schedule are correct. I agree that this agreement ends at the date and time set out below.
3. I will be responsible for all fuel, oil, and other consumables during the period of time the vehicle is in my possession and I will also be responsible for the cost of puncture repairs.
4. The vehicle will only be driven by me or a driver authorized by me with prior consent of the repairer. All drivers must have a full valid UK driving License and be covered by full comprehensive insurance.
5. The vehicle will only be used for social, domestic, and pleasure purposes or for my own business use and in addition in accordance with the terms of the insurance so as not to render the insurance void or voidable.
6. I will not use the vehicle outside the UK.
7. I will not sell, pledge, charge, assign, encumber or otherwise dispose of the vehicle or attempt to do so.
8. I will not use the vehicle or permit the vehicle to be used for any unlawful purpose or otherwise contrary to law.
9. I will give immediate notice to the repairer of any damage to the vehicle or any theft, seizure, or loss of possession of the vehicle.
10. I will pay to the repairer on demand all losses, expenses and costs, including all legal or other expenses incurred by the repairer in enforcing any of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
11. If, during the course of the loan,
11.1.The customer is in default of any of their obligations under this agreement.
11.2. The customer becomes apparently insolvent or seeks or attempts to seek relief under statute for the relief
11.3. The customer abandons the vehicle or does or suffers anything whatsoever which in the repairers opinion then the repairer may forthwith terminate this agreement.
12. Any termination of this agreement shall be without any prejudice to any right of the repairer in respect of this agreement committed by the customer prior to the date of such termination.
13. If the customer fails to return the vehicle to the repairer upon the expiry or termination of this agreement it shall be lawful for the repairer or its servants or agents (at the cost of the customer) to retake possession of the vehicle wherever located and to require payment of the fee under clause 17.
14. The vehicle shall remain the property of the repairer and the customer shall have no right to the vehicle other than as a customer.
15. I shall not do or permit to cause to be done any manner of thing whereby the rights of the repairer are or may be prejudicial affected.
16. I acknowledge that during the currency of this agreement and for the purposes of the Road Traffic (owner liability) regulations 1975 and the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984. I shall be liable as the owner of the vehicle, under the terms of this agreement, for any offenses committed by myself or any other persons authorized by me to drive the vehicle. This will include: speeding charges, bus lane violations, congestion charges, toll charges and any other charges.
17. I will return the vehicle to the repairer within 24 hours of the repairs to my vehicle being completed unless otherwise agreed. If I do not do so, I shall pay the repairer a fee for any day or part day during which the vehicle remains unreturned.
18. I (defined in this declaration as ‘I’ or ‘the customer’) acknowledge that the vehicle is the property of the repairer and is used by me subject to the terms and conditions above. I agree that this agreement commences at the date and time overleaf.
19. If signing on behalf of a company, firm, club, society, trust or unincorporated association I confirm that I have actual authority to do so and that the body concerned will be bound by and observe and perform all the terms and conditions of this agreement.